TEDxBallyroanLibrary 2019: Chain Reaction
Friday 6th September 2019
After last year’s The Big (Re)Think event, in our new TEDx home of Ballyroan Library, we are back for our second year, and this time, our theme is Chain Reaction: what has led us here, what comes next, and what can we learn from it all? Have you a great idea worth spreading? An idea that you've been looking at differently? Send it to us, and you can be part of TEDxBallyroanLIbrary.
WANT TO APPLY? HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
1) TEDx is both a local and international event. All talks are recorded and will be uploaded, post- event, to the TEDx YouTube channel, bringing your talk and idea to the world.
2) You will be talking live onstage for up to a maximum of 18 minutes, but talks are usually 8-12 minutes. Your talk must be mind-blowing to get a chance to speak. Tell us why your idea is essential.
3) Produce a video of MAXIMUM 120 seconds in which you describe who you are and what your idea worth spreading is. Don' forget that you have only a short amount of time, so be clear and concise!
4) Once you've recorded your video, upload it to YouTube and send us the link. If you'd like, you can make the video unlisted, so it doesn't show up in searches and is only accessible to those you're sending the link to (us!).
5) Email us the video at email@example.com with the email subject as 'TEDxBallyroanLibrary' by Monday 10th June 2019.
6) Our team will vote on the best and most appropriate ideas to be presented at TEDxBallyroanLibrary. We aim to let you know if your application has been successful by the end of June 2018.
Looking forward to seeing your applications and seeing how you react to new ideas this year with TEDxBallyroan Library!
TEDxBallyroanLibrary 2018: The Big (Re)Think speakers:
Jed Van Der Pohl
Raymond J. Hergarty
Osgur Ó Ciardha
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a conference in California 1984, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with many initiatives.
At a TED conference, the world's leading thinkers and doers are asked to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes or less. TED speakers have included Roger Ebert, Sheryl Sandberg, Bill Gates, Elizabeth Gilbert, Benoit Mandelbrot, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Brian Greene, Isabel Allende and former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
On TED.com, talks from TED conferences are shared with the world for free as TED Talks videos. A new TED Talk is posted every weekday. Through the Open Translation Project, TED Talks are subtitled by volunteers worldwide. Through our distribution networks, TED Talks are shared on TV, radio, Netflix and many websites.
The TEDx initiative grants free licenses to people around the world to organize TED-style events in their communities with TED Talks and live speakers. Selected talks from these events are also turned into TED Talks videos.
The annual TED Prize grants $1 million to an exceptional individual with a wish to change the world. The TED Fellows program helps world-changing innovators from around the globe to become part of the TED community and, with its help, amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities. TED-Ed creates short video lessons by pairing master teachers with animators, for use in classroom instruction or independent learning.
For information about TED's upcoming conferences, visit http://www.ted.com/registration
Follow TED on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TEDTalks, or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TED
What is TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxTallaght, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxTallaght event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.